How to Make “The Best Ever” Huevos Rancheros
For each Huevos Ranchero you will need:
2 corn tortillas
¾ cup Chile Chapter red chile sauce
½ small onion
3 ounces Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses
1 teaspoon oil
1 or 2 organic eggs (depending on how hungry you are)
2 cups organic romaine lettuce
Set oven to 350°
1. Grate cheeses and combine.
2. Mince onion
3. Place Chile Chapter red chile sauce in shallow container.
4. Preheat skillet and add 1 teaspoon oil.
5. Dip tortilla into red chile sauce and place into skillet.
6. Flip tortilla when pliable, heat for a few seconds and then place onto oven- proof plate.
7. Repeat with second tortilla.
8. On first tortilla, place about 1 ½ ounces grated cheese and a sprinkle of onion.
9. Top with second tortilla.
10. Place 1 ½ ounces of cheese on top of the second tortilla.
11. Pour the red chile sauce from the shallow container over the stacked tortillas.
12. Place in oven until cheese melts.
13. Fry egg(s) to your liking.
14. Remove tortillas from oven and place egg(s) on top.
15. Surround your huevos with chopped romaine.