For ½ dozen Taco Burgers you will need:
6 corn tortillas
2 tablespoons butter
12 ounces hamburger meat, divided into 2 ounce portions
6 ounces Colby and Monterey Jack cheese
¾ cup Chile Chapter red chile sauce
1 ½ cups sliced romaine lettuce
1 tomato, diced
Small onion, diced
Set oven to 325 °
1. Butter each tortilla with 1 teaspoon butter.
2. Wrap stacked tortillas in foil and place in oven.
3. Grate cheeses and mix together
4. Form hamburger meat into 6 half-moon shaped patties.
5. Preheat skillet and fry patties until no pink remains.
6. Remove tortillas from foil and place on a oven-proof platter.
7. Place a hamburger patty on each tortilla and sprinkle with an ounce of cheese.
8. Pour Red Chile Sauce on patty and cheese. Sprinkle with diced onion.
9. Fold tortilla in half and return to oven.
10. When cheese is just melted, remove “burgers” from oven and stuff with sliced romaine lettuce and some diced tomato. Tortillas should remain soft and pliable.